Monday, November 19, 2012

College trip?

Just recently, my mom had me sign up for the so-cal college trip. For everyone who doesn't know what that is, the so-cal college trip is a weekend trip for sophomores and juniors to get some tours of colleges by students to see if they want to go there. I have herd it is a ton of fun so I'm pretty excited to go see what they have to offer.

       P.S. If you go to Westmont please sign up... we need like 30 people to go and it will be a lot of fun!!!

Anyways back on subject. I feel like a lot of my friends have a good idea of what they want to do and its kind of scaring me. please tell me I'm not the only one who has NO IDEA what they wanna do. i mean sure the title of my blog is "salesmen of the future" but that was what I thought I wanted to do a few months ago. Who knows what I want to do tomorrow.

My class signed up for an account on this web sight called Naviance and it made me do a personality test. That was one of the most misleading test i have ever taken...  All of the questions were either black or white. were you kind and caring or were you organized and focused on the bigger picture. i feel like I'm both but according to this test I'm suppose to be some factual business man who probably works in a cubical every day of his life. That is NOT what I wanna do i know that for sure. But i guess that's where you have to start. Realize what you don't want to do and maybe it will be easier when choosing what I actually do want to do.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! "That was one of the most misleading tests I have ever taken.." I completely agree, I haven't even finished that test.. Something unexpectedly will interest you one day and you're going to be so surprised when it happens Cody! Good luck!

    P.S. Don't worry, you're not the only one that has no clue about their future job! Lots of high schoolers are pretty unsure about what they want to do! Plus it's a pretty big choice, between all of the degrees, et cetera, so don't rush it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't take that personality test word for word.. It's not like everyone who has ever taken that test did exactly what the results suggested. Don't feel too discouraged that you're unsure of your career path, I am too. A couple months ago I wanted to be a nurse, now I'm back to not having a clue. I'm also going on the college trip, hopefully it'll help us both narrow down our options. I just hope 30 people sign up so we can get the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I change my mind everyday to Cody but as we get older I feel like I get a better idea of what interests me and what I want to do. The test we took was very unclear in my opinion to and i did not agree with most of the suggestions it gave me. You don't have to start in a cubicle. There are plenty of jobs in the world where you can be out and about interacting with people I know for a fact that's the kind of job I want. Good luck Codster!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cody I'll be there with ya! And I'm right there with you about what you want to do. I'm pretty sure that's what Mr. Pinza wants us to really do: question ourselves on what we want to do in our futures. Also, that test is just a suggestion it's just there for your benefit. After high school graduation is when people really need to take charge of the future of their lives, so right now we are just trying to come up with ideas to get us starting on the long and overwhelming process. :)

    ReplyDelete